Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Let there be light ...

One of the most impressive mosques in Abu Dhabi is the Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan mosque which is named after the late Sheikh and is very hard to miss. It is considered one of the biggest mosques in the world and covers 22 000 square metres.

And now - according to the Khaleej Times newspaper, the world's largest chandeliers, worth $8million will be installed at this mosque. They will consist of Swarovsky crystals and the largest chandelier will be 25 metres in height, 10 metres wide and will weigh 9.5 tonnes!

So... size DOES count!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought that there had to be an easier way to find the information that I was looking for on this topic. You probably won't understand how much time and energy your blog has saved me. I thank you for building a great, user-friendly blog! The information that you gave me is more valuable in the sense that it saves me a whole lot of time that I can now spend implementing what I have learned. Do keep posting such valuable information. I will be back. Thanks�projector lamps