Tuesday, August 02, 2005

You can leave your shoes on ...

I have a foot fetish, or rather ... a toe fetish. I don't like them. I think they are ugly. They wriggle and squirm and remind me of oversize maggots. Ooooh and some have bright red nail-polished heads!! Eeeww. I love the person who invented shoes - hide those ugly appendages - yuck!

Well, like many things here, I have had to swallow my bile and just bloody get used to it. And the same goes for feet. Firstly, everyone (ok, not EVERYone, but it feels like it sometimes) wears open sandals, so it is impossible to miss seeing those big, fat, hairy, knobbly toes wherever you go. Then, it seems that it is considered polite when entering someone's house, or tent, to remove one's shoes (read : sandals) at the door and stomp around barefoot.

Toe jam!
Athlete's foot!
Smelly, sweaty feet!

Arg, I would consider it more polite if you keep your shoes on, please!

Then, to make matters worse, people (read : men) seem to think that it is acceptable to take their shoes off everywhere ... they take them off in my car, they take them off when they are sitting on a bench, they take them off in offices, they take them off in restaurants. Restaurants! Then, to make matters worserer, they rub and pick and fiddle with their toes while sitting on said benches or in said offices or restaurants. Noooo, it is all too much.


Please, please, leave your shoes on ....

1 comment:

just a mom said...

Oh Girl!!!! I just lost my dinner! I also HATE feet! After 12 years, I have only touched my husband's feet once and it was because he was very ill.....